SeatGeek Partner Program – Earn Revenue Through Our Affiliate Products
Greetings! Here you will learn everything you need to know about SeatGeek’s awesome affiliate program.
First and foremost, for those who may be new to SeatGeek, we are the leading search engine for sports, concert, theater and live entertainment tickets. We wanted to build a product that helped fans navigate the event ticket market in an easy and friendly fashion. Through a powerful user experience we hope to make buying tickets as much fun as attending the event.
What makes us unique is three-fold:
- Ticket Aggregation – we aggregate ticket listings from over 100 different providers including TicketsNow, StubHub, TicketNetwork, and many more. We make it easy for fans to shop and compare ticket prices for a given event all in one place.
- Event Recommendation – we have built an event recommendation engine called Columbus. Enter 4-5 of your favorite teams and bands, and Columbus creates a calendar of games and concerts near you that you’ll love. It’s engineered to constantly collect feedback, so almost every action you take further enhances recommendation quality. You can tell Columbus it’s wrong about a particular event, and it will avoid showing such events in the future. You can also “Track” your favorite teams and bands and Columbus will send you email alerts when the event is approaching or if there are great ticket deals available.
- Interactive Seating Maps and Deal Score – this is my personal favorite. We have built awesome interactive seating maps that makes it very easy to quickly identify the best deals for a given event. Using our proprietary algorithm, we determine where the best deals are in a venue and assign a Deal Score to each ticket listing. The best deals are illustrated by big green dots on the seating maps and as the Deal Score gets worse the dots become smaller and red in color. Our team wrote a great blog post on this in more detail just a few weeks back that you can see here.
Our partner program has thousands of affiliates who take advantage of the compelling products we’ve built. Each time a partner sends a referral to SeatGeek and they purchase a ticket, we pay our partners 50% of the revenue we earn on that transaction.
Signing up is easy!
- Create an account at http://seatgeek.com/partners/signup/ and accept the terms
- You can track your revenue and transactions by logging into your account and going to http://seatgeek.com/partners/dashboard/
One of the cooler features we think bloggers and writers can take advantage of is affiliatizing links to SeatGeek.
To affiliatize any SeatGeek link, append your unique AID (assuming you have signed up for the partner program and obtained you AID) to the end of any link in the following format: “?aid=xxx” (xxx being your unique AID)
For example, if you want to affiliatize the link to the New York Knicks page on SeatGeek, go to the that page on SeatGeek.com, copy that link, and append your tracking code – http://seatgeek.com/new-york-knicks-tickets/?aid=xxx
If you’d like to link to a particular game or event, go to that page on SeatGeek.com, copy the link, and append your tracking code – http://seatgeek.com/event/show/482794/chicago-bulls-at-new-york-knicks-2011-04-12/?aid=xxx
Whether linking in articles, creating your own schedule page, or putting links in your navigation bar, this simple feature allows you to easily earn affiliate credit.
Additional Partner Products
SeatGeek is always open to suggestions for new affiliate products and in some cases will be happy to customize affiliate products for our partners. Additionally, if anyone is interested in our API, you can find our documentation through our website when signing up for the partner program.
I hope this has been helpful and as always if you have any questions, comments, feedback, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.